- 1 cup California walnuts
- ¼ cup milk
- 250 g khoya or mawa
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ghee/clarified butter + a little extra for greasing
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- Take ½ cup of California walnuts in a bowl.
- To this add ¼ cup of milk and let it soak for 1 hour. Thereafter, blend it into a coarse puree.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a pan and add the remaining walnuts. Sauté till golden, drain and set aside.
- Now in the same ghee, add khoya and sugar and mix well. To this add the walnut puree and mix again.
- Keep cooking this till it gets thick and leaves the sides.
- Then add cardamom powder and fried walnuts and mix well.
- Spread this on a greased plate and let it set for a few hours.
- Slice into pieces and garnish with California walnuts.