- 1 litre full cream milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoon saffron milk
For sugar syrup:
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- Few saffron threads
- 6 slices bread white or brown
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup California walnut halves
- Remove the sides of bread and cut them into a triangle.
- Fry the bread slices, both sides, in hot oil till the bread turns golden brown.
- For sugar syrup, put water in a pan and add sugar to it. Add few saffron threads, if desired. Bring it to a boil and then turn off the heat.
- Dip both sides of bread in sugar syrup and keep aside.
- For rabri, heat milk and then add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron milk into it.
- In a plate, place fried bread slices and pour in ½ cup of prepared rabri on top to serve.