- 500 gm boneless chicken
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed powder
- ½ teaspoon chopped garlic
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon green chilli
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 1 red/green bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- ½ cup chopped California walnuts
For laccha paratha
- 2 cups wheat flour/all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil + as required for roasting
- Water as required
For California Walnut Tawa Masala with Chicken
- Heat oil in a pan, add caraway seeds and garlic and sauté till fragrant. Add onions and sauté till they are browned.
- Add green chillies, red chilli powder and salt, mix well. Add tomato puree and sauté till oil surfaces.
- Add shredded chicken, capsicum, chopped California walnuts, garam masala powder and half the coriander leaves, adjust salt, and mix everything well.
- Cook well and garnish with remaining coriander leaves and chopped California walnuts.
For Lachha Paratha
- Combine all dry ingredients for the dough. Add oil and water in parts to form a smooth dough.
- Take a medium sized ball and roll it into a 6 inch disc on a dusted rolling board.
- From the edges start to fold and pleat the paratha till the end.
- Roll the pleated edges tightly and join the edges.
- Lightly dust the flour and roll it into round paratha.
- Heat a pan and place the paratha on it. Add oil on either sides and let it roast until it turns golden brown.
- Serve with California walnut tawa masala with chicken.