- 1 cup khoya
- 60g quinoa flour
- 100g whole walnuts
- 30g brown sugar
- 40 clarified butter/ghee
- 300g dulce de leche
- 250g fresh pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 100g walnuts
- 25g cornflour
- For Tart base, preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the walnuts, quinoa flour and brown sugar in jar of processor, grind to fine meal.
- Add the clarified butter/ghee and process to mix.
- Press into loose bottomed 8” tart shell, and bake for 15 minutes.
- For the Filling, reduce oven temperature to 150°C.
- Place dulce de leche, cornflour and pumpkin puree in jar of processor, blend to mix.
- Add the walnuts and process briefly, just to chop up the walnuts a little so they retain some texture.
- Bake for 1 hour, and then allow to cool in oven.
- Chill overnight.
- Serve with unsweetened cream or vanilla ice cream.