- 230 g California walnuts
- 700 ml water
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Place the walnuts into a mixing bowl and pour over enough cold water to completely cover it and then leave to soak overnight.
- Drain the walnuts and rinse under cold running water.
- Place the soaked walnuts into a blender with the 700 ml of water and blend for 2 minutes.
- Line a sieve with a piece of muslin cloth and strain, drawing together the corners of the cloth and twisting to extract as much of the milk as possible. You can keep the remaining walnut grounds to make bircher, muffins or stir into porridge.
- Mix the milk with a pinch of salt and the maple syrup, pour into a jug and store in the fridge.