- 227 g sliced white mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked as package directs, drained
- 738 g jar marinara sauce
- 450 g container ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped California walnuts, toasted (bake 8-10 minutes at 177°C)
- 1 cup cooked mushrooms
- To prepare mushrooms, melt butter and oil in a large skillet, over medium heat, add mushrooms, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes. Stir occasionally, cook 10 -12 minutes, until mushrooms are softened and browned and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 177°C, add a spoon marinara sauce into 12 x 7-inch baking dish, reserving 1 cup sauce.
- In medium bowl, stir together ricotta, parmesan, egg and parsley and Scoop a gallon-sized plastic bag clip off corner of bag.
- Lay lasagna noodles out flat, and squeeze cheese mixture down center of each lasagna strip layer mushrooms over cheese and sprinkle walnuts over mushrooms.
- Carefully roll up noodles and place seam-side down in baking dish.
- Top with remaining sauce and bake for 35 minutes, until heated through.