- 8-10 Rocket leaves
- ½ cup California walnuts
- 100 g Parma ham
- 100 g Red grapes
- 50 g Gorgonzola cheese
- 25 g Asparagus
- Balsamic dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- For Balsamic Dressing: Mix all the ingredients except oil together. Thereafter, add oil to the mixture and mix well with a whisk.
- Toast walnut in the oven at 170°C for 7-8 minutes.
- To make Parma ham chips: Arrange the slices in one layer, without overlapping, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in a 170°C oven for 8- 10 minutes, then turn off the heat and let the ham stay in the oven for another 10 minutes. Remove and cool, then break into shards.
- Clean, wash & dry rocket leaves, blanch asparagus in salted water for 3-4 minutes, remove with tongs and immediately transfer to iced water.
- In a large bowl mix rocket leaves, grapes, asparagus, walnut & balsamic dressing.
- Arrange salad in individual bowls, garnish with walnuts and parma ham chips. Finish the salad with crumbled gorgonzola cheese.