- 1 vanilla pod
- 25 g California walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 3 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 120 ml milk (of your choice)
- 1 fresh fig
- 100 g frozen mixed berries, defrosted
- 4 California walnut halves, toasted
- 2 cherries
- A sprig of mint
- Split the vanilla pod in half with a sharp knife and scrape out the seeds. Then mix together the vanilla seeds, chopped California walnuts, chia seeds, yogurt, maple syrup and milk. Leave aside for 15 minutes to allow the chia seeds to swell.
- Cut the fig in half. Spoon a layer of the chia seeds mixture into the bottom of a jar. Then place the fig halves in the jar pressing the cut faces up against the edges of the glass and let it rest for an hour.
- Place the berries into a small saucepan over medium heat and add a splash of water to loosen the mixture.
- Heat the berries and smash them down a little with the back of a spoon to form a jam-like consistency.
- Place the berry jam into the jar on top of the chia seed mixture. Decorate with the cherries, mint and California walnut halves to serve.