- 100 g California walnuts (plus 16 California walnut halves for decorating)
- 200 g medjool dates
- 150 g dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon beetroot powder
- Place 100 g of the California walnuts into a food processor and pulse into a fine meal. Add the dates, cranberries and cocoa powder and process until the mixture is smooth and forms together into one lump.
- Line a small square baking tray and pour the mixture onto it. With the back of a metal spoon, flatten the mixture into a smooth even layer. Place it in the fridge to chill for at least an hour or overnight.
- Once chilled, dust the top with the beetroot powder, cut into 16 bars and top each with a walnut half. Store in an air tight container.