- 2/3 cup raw California walnuts
- 2 cups boiling water
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 heaping cup of kale (washed, ribs removed and chopped)
- 1 ripe juicy pear( peeled, cored and chilled)
- 2 ripe bananas (cut in pieces and frozen)
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 1/4 cup ice (or as needed)
- Place California walnuts in a container and pour boiling water over them, then add a pinch of salt. Let them rest for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- In the morning, drain and blend the California walnuts with 2 cups of fresh filtered water for about 5 minutes or until smooth and frothy.
- Strain through a cheesecloth, if required. Combine the California walnut cream with kale, pear, banana, yogurt and agave nectar/ honey and blend until completely smooth so that no large kale bits remain.
- Add ice to the smoothie and blend. If required, you can add agave nectar and a splash of lemon to adjust the smoothie to your taste. Serve it chilled.