- 150 g kale(stalks removed and roughly chopped)
- 3 lemons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 anchovies
- 2 tablespoons of walnut oil
- 4 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 salmon fillets
- 120 g California walnuts (toasted and roughly chopped)
- 150 g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 40 g parmesan (grated)
- Place the kale into a large mixing bowl and squeeze the juice of one lemon over it, sprinkle with the salt and toss together to coat the leaves and then leave aside to rest.
- Muddle the anchovies in a pestle and mortar with the walnut oil and set aside.
- Whisk together soy sauce, maple syrup and smoked paprika. Place the salmon fillets skin side up on a baking tray lined with foil and brush with the soy mixture.
- Cut the remaining lemons in half and place next to the salmon fillets. Grill with skin side up for 3-4 minutes, then flip the fillets and grill for further 3-4 minutes, or until tinged golden brown.
- While the salmon is grilling, toss the California walnuts, tomatoes and parmesan together and add to the dressed kale, then stir the walnut oil and anchovy dressing through the salad.
- Divide the kale salad between four plates and top with the grilled salmon and lemon to serve.