- 200 g carrots cut into sticks
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g tin chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- Juice of one lemon
- 80 g California walnuts, toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A handful of green olives, roughly chopped
- 2 slices of preserved lemons, thinly sliced
- Small bunch coriander, roughly chopped or torn
- Additional extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the carrots onto a small roasting tray and sprinkle over the cumin and olive oil. Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until tinged golden.
- Place the roasted carrots, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and 50 g of the California walnuts into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add a splash of water as per desired consistency. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the hummus into your chosen container, then top with the olives, preserved lemon slices, coriander and leftover California walnuts. Drizzle over some extra olive oil.