For the chia mixture
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 230 ml almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 4 tablespoons yoghurt
For the smoothie
- 1 banana, cut into chunks and frozen
- 120 g frozen blackberries (reserve a few for garnish)
- 1/ 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 160 ml almond milk
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 16 California walnut halves, toasted
- To make the chia mix, place the chia seeds, almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla paste and yoghurt into a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Spoon into two pots (you can use jars if you don’t have a suitable pot) and leave in the fridge for at least one hour (or up to 12 hours) to allow the chia to swell and absorb the liquid.
- When your chia mix is ready, place the banana, blackberries, cinnamon and remaining almond milk into a blender and whizz until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie mixture on top of the chia, then decorate each pot with the California walnuts, thinly sliced apple and reserved blackberries.