- 250 gm spelt, peeled
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- 50 g California walnut kernels
- 1 bunch of green asparagus
- 1 bunch of radish
- 40 ml olive oil
- Juice and peel of half a lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- Cook the spelt according to the package instructions in the vegetable stock until soft, drain and let it cool down.
- Roast the California walnut kernels without any fat in a pan and chop them coarsely.
- Peel the lower end of the asparagus and cut it into medium size, diagonal pieces.
- Pour some olive oil into the pan and roast the asparagus with some garlic.
- Clean the radish and cut them into equal slices.
- Mix the rest of the olive oil with lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Now mix the lukewarm asparagus with olive oil, garlic, radish, roasted California walnuts and spelt in a big bowl and pour the dressing over the salad. Mix everything together and season according to your taste.